Thursday 16 August 2012

How the Hell Did I End Up Here...?

How does a girl who lived over 30 years in 2 big cities end up living outside a town that has less people in it than her high-school did??

Well here's the short version,

In 2002, I moved from my home town, Hamilton Onatario, to Calgary Alberta...with a boy...of course. That didn't work out...of course, but I ended up sticking around. Shorty after boy # 1 split, I met boy # 2...and married him. We had 3 beautiful little girls in a very short time frame (all 18 months apart). And again...that didn't workng out. That being said, I have to add that my ex-husband and I have a very good relationship and he is a fabulous father.

So in 2010, I found myself single...again...after being married for 6 years. What a shock to the system that is! I was 31 with 3 kids...talk about baggage!!! I jumped right back in to it, head first. A good friend of mine and I started hitting the bars..every weekend...it was fun...for a while. I dated a few "randoms", but no one I could see myself with long term...until I met Aaron.

Aaron had just come back off the rodeo circuit...touring with a very well known chuck wagon driver...he was a cowboy!! We met through a mutual friend...and the rest is history really. We moved in together rather quickly, he loved the girls instantly and they loved him. A year later we were engaged and shortly there after he somehow managed to convince to have another baby. Which finally brings me to the answer to my question...how the hell did I end up here...

With Aaron being in the Oil Industry we needed to be closer to where the work was based out of...so we found ourselves a house on 4 acres and fell in love. But shortly after driving through the town and realizing what I was doing...I had second thoughts. Could I do this? I was pregnant, I knew no one in this hick town...and wasn't sure if I wanted to know any of them, and on top of it all Aaron was working away for weeks at a time. I was ALONE! The girls stayed with there dad to finish off the school year with there friends...so I was really alone. But I stuck it out and waited for the snow to melt and things got better...now I feel at ease and at home in the middle of nowhere.



So here I am now...a city girl...raising 4 girls in the country...

1 comment:

  1. Fancy finding you here! I will have to add you to my list on my blog ...come on over! Cheetah has been blogging for me for awhile now. He told me I was neglecting my blog too much. Welcome to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete